Through emphasizing the role of justice in social elevation of humanity, the divine religions’ idea of justice-based peace will push aside the modern limited and biased attitudes of the hegemony system; and establish peace in accordance with proper culture and respect of human position and value.
Given the challenges of modern world for just peace, IWPF has planned to hold several regional conferences on “Just Peace; Common Global Dialogue” in four regions of Canada, Austria, India and South Africa to implement its mission for processing the principles and beds for justice, fulfill its role in creation and strengthening a model for permanent peace and produce world literature sponsoring just peace.
Along with the agreement of IWPF’s board of trustees regarding performing four regional conferences on just peace, the preparations for conduction of these conferences in countries of Canada, Austria and India carried out. After the first conference in Austria the second one in Asia region was held in Jawaharlal Nehru University India on April 11, 12, 2011. The cultural envoy of I.R. Iran and Iran and India Friendship Assembly contributed significant role in holding this conference.
Objective of the Conference
1. Creation of a scientific and cultural dialogue with Iranian-Islamic approach.
2. Elaboration on the principles and frameworks of peace and leniency in Islam.
3. Elaboration on the right of legitimate defense against aggression and condemnation of terrorism.
4. Organization of free and anti hegemony intellectuals co-thinking and interactions worldwide, and developing new intellectual, scientific and practical capacities.
5. Indirect reaction to the projects of west's Islamo-phobia and Irano-phobia.
The opening ceremony of the two-day Regional Conference of “Just Peace; Common Global Dialogue” held on Sunday April 11, 2011 with awarding of the Just Peace Prize. This ceremony was attended by various characters including: Dr. Shila Dikshit, Head Minister of New Delhi, Ayatollah Mohammad Ali Taskhiri the General Director of the World Forum of Proximity of Islamic Schools of Thought, Dr. Abbasali Kadkhodaee the Vice president of Guard Council, Mr. Davud Ameri Director of IWPF, Dr. Laleh Eftekhari the M.P of Islamic Parliament of Iran, Dr. Shafiyee Shakib Manager of Asia and Oceanic Department of Islamic Culture and Communication Organization, Mr. Seyed Mahdi Nabizadeh the Ambassador of I.R. Iran, Mr. Karim Najafi the Cultural Envoy of I.R. Iran, Prof. AmirHassan Abedi the great Persian linguist in India, Prof. Moshir al-Hassan chancellor of Iran and India Friendship Assembly, Dr. Serender Das Dean of University of Kolkata, Mrs. Mehr Mastermus Dean of the University of Bombay Zoroastrians, Dr. Raman Dat the Hindu cleric, Prof. Mukia, Prof. Sahed Mahdi the vice president of ICCR of India and a large number of intellectuals and other well-known personalities. A lot of researchers from Iran, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippine, Japan, Sri Lanka and … participated in the conference.
The Speech of Dr. Najafi
Dr. Najafi, the cultural envoy of I.R. Iran, was the first lecturer of the conference. After praising God and welcoming the participants, he thanked all of the guests who had participated the Conference from India, I.R. Iran and other countries. He had especially appreciated IWPF for holding this valuable conference.
The cultural envoy of our country added: “Islam is the religion of wisdom and education. Our holy prophet (pbuh) brought this message for all human beings, and Islam has always been inviting all humans to just peace. Therefore, the most important and the most sacred principle of Islam has been based on peace and friendly coexistence. Islam even believes in just behavior towards the enemies as well.” He maintained: “Mahatma Gandhi, Father of India, repeated this verse from Molana (Rummy) most of the times:
Here for joining we came
Not for separating ever we came
The Speech of the Dean of the University of Kolkata
The next person who gave his speech was Dr. Serender Das, the Dean of the University of Kolkata. Appreciating participation of the guests, he stressed on the necessity for establishment of justice, peace and tranquility all over the abnormal modern world, and the role of the intellectuals in this regard.
The Speech of the Ambassador of I.R. Iran
Mr. Seyed Mahdi Nabizadeh, the ambassador of I.R. Iran in India, was also one of the lecturers.
He said: “the critical question is that despite the various international attempts, structures and conferences and seminars why the expanse of human crises has not diminished yet and there is no stable conditions available?
The answer to this question lies in the division of peace into positive peace and negative peace. In negative peace a chain of social organizations are established to achieve security through stopping people, groups and nations of engaging in wars. In this type of peace it is “control” of the situations that is emphasized, not “rooting out” the causes of tensions. Just in absence of any clashes the goal is achieved. The oppressors are free in establishment of this kind of peace, so that they can violate the conditions whenever they like or the interests necessitate.”
The Speech of the Chancellor of Iran and India Friendship Organization
Later on Prof. Moshir al-Hassan, the chancellor of Iran and India Friendship Organization, spoke about the global peace and objectives of the conference. He also talked about Dar al-Shokuh, the author of the book “Sir-e Akbar.
The Speech of Davud Ameri, Director of IWPF
Mr. Davud Ameri, Director of IWPF, was the next lecturer. His speech was as the following:
In the name of God, the Beneficent and the Merciful
According to our own Islamic culture when we Iranians meet each other we say “Salam”. This is a sign of peace and safety for the one receiving Salam. So first of all I tell you Salam, a Salam with the sweet perfume of friendship. Then for more familiarity, I’ll speak briefly about peace with you respected intellectuals.
Establishment of permanent and comprehensive peace has been the ideal and desire of many intellectuals and people throughout the world and still is. Conditions under which all humans can live without fear of extremist and expansionist inclinations under the human values, and in accordance with their own beliefs; and use their natural talents without fear of colonial interests. It is very important to know the answer to this question that exactly which elements, beds and behaviors have led human beings in past and present not to be able to experience a friendly and pleasant environment all over the world, and everyday witness violation of their rights by warmongers and political, cultural and economical hegemony?
Again we must ask, why despite many years of human friendly attempts and quest for ideal peace humanity has not succeeded in creating a safe environment for his life?
Why hundreds or thousands of agreements and contracts among governments and organizations have failed to establish the least possible peace for humanity? And why in many cases and historical periods the victims of terrorism have been blamed instead of those who caused mass slaughter of the innocents?
Isn’t the answer to all of these questions the fact that, the governing literature of the contemporary world peace is dysfunctional, and there must be a new plan for permanent peace? To this end, the Islamic World Peace Forum tries to help establishment of real peace and perfection of peace thoughts throughout the world via holding regional conferences and co-thinking and cooperation of committed intellectuals believing in real peace. And in this way, IWPF tries to take steps toward achieving just and global peace.
IWPF is a nongovernmental organization which, since its establishment, has based all of its power and actions towards improvement of just peace.
1. IWPF believes that any kind of peace not based on justice is just a temporal symbolization and ceasefire, and it won’t satisfy the wise modern man. Therefore, justice is the perquisite of real peace for modern man to achieve a just permanent peace. In fact the lost gem for modern man is just peace.
2. IWPF believes that all human beings of any race and culture must live in conditions suitable to their own position and human prominence, and in this regard all human beings are mutually responsible. They must help each other to achieve security, tranquility and happiness; so we may reach to the point that men become a real example of this saying of the great wise and famous Persian poet, Saadi- who is also known in India- which says:
Human beings are members of a whole,
In creation of one essence and soul.
If one member is afflicted with pain,
Other members uneasy will remain.
If you have no empathy for human pain,
the name of human you cannot retain
3. IWPF profoundly and heartily believes that the world is beautiful and lofty with all of its cultural variety; therefore, any kind of peace thought must respect continuation and survival of national cultures of all nations, and not deny their values. While respecting positive cultural interaction among nations, as a reason for elevation of human culture, no culture should impose itself to others; no peace plan can survive and be just without respecting national cultures of different regions of world.
4. IWPF tries to attract the ideas of world intellectuals and elites about just peace and its risks and western peace, while considering the abovementioned concepts and the key role of these intellectuals; so that together they can shift the global decision making system from power and wealth center of the world toward science and wisdom centers.
5. IWPF believes that day by day NGOs get greater roles in the field of global interactions, and they must reconsider their role in publicizing and expansion of just peace culture and try to improve their influence. This regional conference in the friend and brother country of India under the title of “Just Peace; Common Global Dialogue” tries to take the first steps for directing and converging the NGOs and free peace-seeking and intellectual people of the ancient continent, and to prepare an environment for proximity of thoughts and ideas for publicizing and expansion of the culture of peace and justice in the contemporary world.
We hope that by proposing valuable concepts and fortifying and publicizing global beliefs toward the subject of just peace, this conference helps to alleviate some of the concerns of contemporary man and establishment of permanent peace throughout the world.
At last, I present my endless thanks to the intellectuals, officials and authorities who tried and helped very much in holding this conference.
The Speech of Ayatollah Taskhiri
Ayatollah Taskhiri, the general director of the World Forum for Proximity of Islamic Schools of Thought, was the last lecturer of the conference. He said: “Throughout history Human security has always been threatened by the oppressors and evil powers. Because if we look at the streams of blood and tears, raping and killing of thoughts and humanity, we can simply refer these evil doings- as Shahid Sadr said- to two prominent manifestations of alienation and independency (from a divine source), extremism in dependence and changing relative truths to absolute truths; Islamic terms for these issues are “Elhad” (atheism) and “Shirk” (polytheism) which have a common basic point: paralyzing the creative and perfective movement of man. The cure for these problems is nothing but faith in God and being responsible to Him."
He added: "As a matter of fact, if we define terrorism with regard to general human logics as any action which for its tools and goals does not confirm to human conscience and threatens everyone, then we'll see that Islam resists it powerfully, and struggles hard to eradicate it. Naturally, we must stipulate that we can't just fight with the results while the causes are persistent. A large part of terrorism manifestations result from various causes, including:
a. Expansion of ignorance, blind prejudices and dark views of the world.
b. Expansion of oppression, dictatorship, violence, violation of human rights and taking his legitimate freedoms.
c. Absence of spiritual stoppers, fall of the values and expansion of animal manners and blind ambitions.
As long as there are no world programs for rooting these reasons out or reducing their influence, there is a good bed for growth of terrorism.
The specialized panels of the conference were scheduled in three times of morning and evening times of Sunday and Monday April 11, 12 2011 at the site of the international conference hall of New Delhi.
A large number of intellectuals attended these panels, and 38 scholars presented their papers and answered participants' questions. The papers will be published as a book of articles later.